It was a nice today. I am finding and learning ways to combat the things that come into my head that I do not necessarily want to be there.
I woke up and showered, dressed, and then went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. When I was brushing my teeth, the older hispanic female janitor came in and emptied the trash, she said hello in her little Spanish accent and I said good morning. She brought a new bag for the garbage can, stepped out, and I started to brush my hair. She came back a moment later with a stick of gum, still wrapped, and a piece of hard candy. She held out her open hand and she said, “Here. You my friend.” The more I think this whole situation through, the more and more wonderful it gets…. The simple things.
I walked to class and it was quite windy. The leaves that refused to fall off of the trees are officially being destroyed by the weather. The wind was everywhere. There were tornados of leaves everywhere, and it was funny to watch people walk and then be in the middle of the tornados. Some people were walking and saw the tornado start to come to life, so they would freeze, and go around it in a furry of frustration- I think because it was messing up their hair.
Ms. Park, my Sight-Singing and Dictation teacher is leaving for Korea this weekend for a concert series that she is doing there. She won’t be returning this semester. It was sad, I liked having her as my teacher. So instead of her for the last couple weeks of the semester, we will be having her fiancé, Mr. Atapine (pronounced, uh, lets see if I can do this… ahtyap-in.) He’s Russian. He has a heavy accent and so does she. She is from Korea though. She is adorable and a wonderful piano player. She played for us today, and I think I fell in love with her. So she is leaving. Oh well.
After classes, I had brinner. Which, for those of you who don’t know, is breakfast for dinner. I went to a friends, and made waffles. John made eggs, bacon, and sausage. And I’m pretty sure that JoyceAnn didn’t do anything, but she will tell you otherwise. Oh that’s right! She yelled at me. Now I remember.
Now I am back. I have a Music Theory test. I am comfortable with 90% of the information. The other 10% is confusing and just needs to be memorized. I am getting that done. I have flash-cards. I feel good about it though- not scared. And even if I blank on that 10%, I will still get an A, right? That math makes sense I think…. Unless more than 10% of the test is on the 10% that I don’t understand… There we go. That makes sense. Yes, yes it does.
I don’t know why I stopped blogging on here. I sort of forgot how to write. I don’t write a lot in college. I write a page each week for Humanities, and that’s all the writing I do. So that particular skill is definitely dying. Despite the fact that this is not at all academic or graded, it still keeps those particular mind grapes from growing soggy and shrinking. That’s a conundrum. Growing soggy and shrinking. Doesn’t quite make sense, does it? See what I mean, it’s already happening.
I will be home in almost 24 hours. That’s a good feeling. Here I come Lucky! Get my bed nice and warm and worn-in!